There are not enough words of thanks that I could share that would even begin to describe the appreciation I have for everyone who stopped by this past Small Business Saturday to check out our new yarns and even just the shop in general. Small Business Saturday was not only a big success, but we did better than the previous two years combined…times two! In fact, sales of OMG’s yarns and patterns alone were higher than last year’s entire day of sales for Small Business Saturday, so that’s what I’d call a successful launch of the newest endeavor for our shop.
- Experimenting with Ombre/Gradient yarns, doing something unique with this ever growing trend of hand dyed yarn that has this effect.
- More designs in the early planning stages for Spring/Summer 2015 release and some for this time next year as well.
- Adding new colors for the Spring season and patterns to go along with them. With the popularity of the crochet patterns, it seems that we may just have to commission my friend, Barb, to do a few more patterns for us.
- Brainstorming projects for the summer trade show in Columbus, OH. That includes what will be the designs that will debut there. I attended in 2013, and it seems overwhelming to finally do a table or booth there, but I think that I’m up to the challenge.
- Another secret project or two, you’ll just have to stay tuned…
Indiegogo Campaign Yarn
If you missed the update that I posted yesterday, I am working on getting the last few balls of yarn shipped this week. It’s the writing of the thank you notes that go with them that’s taking the longest, but everything else is finished and waiting to be shipped. 🙂
I have the flu so we’re closing up shop early today, but don’t worry, I’ll be back tomorrow. Lessons are being rescheduled for Thursday at 5:30pm. My cough is a little better, but you guys really don’t want what I have.